Visit Marie-Pierre Capistran’s BLOG
I am a stay at home mom (graduated as a French teacher) of 2 little girls. I speak French, English, German and Swiss German. I lived in 3 countries: Canada, Switzerland, USA. I am Canadian. I am an artist at heart and would create day and night, 24/7 if I could. I am also a good photographer. This year I’ve been published on Amy Tangerine’s blog, Shimelle Laine’s blog, I arrived 2nd at the “Scrapbooker of the year 2013” contest held by Entre Artistes (Céline Navarro), I reached along side Celine a class called Once upon a time, ME, I won first place at the video contest held by Studio Calico and I was invited on the Paperclipping Roundtable podcast hosted by Noell Hyman. It was a good year for me, scrapbook wise. 🙂
My Favorite Pretty Little Studio Product:
The gold mine collection is my favorite. I can’t stop using the labels and that foil paper is just gorgeous!
Where do you find your inspiration?
I am a lot on Instagram these days, but I spend less and less time on Pinterest and on blogs. My pictures and my stories inspire me a lot. I also take classes about stories (Ali Edwards is my favorite) or mixed media (Wilna is my favorite) when I’m in need of new creative energy.
When did you start scrapbooking?
I started scrapbooking in 2008 with a class from Ali Edwards: yesterday and today. I was pregnant with my first daughter.
Five fun facts
- I moved 12 times in the last 17 years and lived in 3 different countries. I am fluent in French, English and German.
- I sucked my thumb (secretly) until I was 14 years old.
- I can’t watch a movie or read a book without crying. That was a problem when I was teaching because I couldn’t discuss a movie or a book with the students without crying.
- When I was young I got locked up into the basement of a church (at day care) and the priest had to stop his mass to come and get me because I was crying and screaming so loud!
- Through high school I was in a sport study program. I was ice skating with my brother and we made the front page of the Toronto Sun.