Jinny’s Blog | Jinny’s Gallery
My family and I live in a small suburb of Kansas City, Kansas, just over an hour and a half north of where I grew up. I am a former kindergarten teacher turned adoring wife, of 15 years, to BJ and stay-at-home, homeschool mom to Ezekiel (13), Adina (7), and Kaden (2). When I’m not taking care of or playing with my family, you can find me cooking, baking, gardening, sewing, taking pictures, blogging at Soaring, and of course, paper crafting. I’ve been honored to have had a number of published works of art, as well as to get to design for some of my most favorite manufacturers and challenge blogs, and am just thrilled to have the privilege of joining the Pretty Little Studio Design Team! I hope that I can inspire you all to get creating.
5 Fun facts About You
- I graduated college, in four years, with a 4.0 grade point average and a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and Bachelor of Arts in Spanish. I’m a huge nerd and love learning.
- I’m a demi-vegetarian, which means that I eat fruits, veggies, grains, and dairy like most vegetarians; but I also “try” to eat fish, because I know it’s good for me, not because I enjoy it much.
- Currently, I’m reading Lillian Trasher: The Greatest Wonder in Egypt by Janet and Geoff Benge, listening to Oceans by Hillsong, watching The Bachelorette, loving soaking up the summer sunshine at our local pool, making a bed skirt for my son, drinking Vanilla Coke, and planning a long-overdue remodel of my 1960’s kitchen.
- I’m a wanna be photographer, farmer, horse owner, librarian, and salsa dancer.
- I can totally rock a hula hoop.
When did you start Scrapbooking?
I started scrapbooking, over fourteen years ago, after attending a Stampin’ Up workshop.
What is your style?
I don’t like to put labels on my papercrafting style. It is always morphing and changing to fit my current likes, but I can tell you that I currently love splatter painting, watercoloring, cute images, and playful puns; and I’ve always enjoyed playing with textures and layers and can’t resist a fabulous print and/or pretty trimming.
When do you find the time to scrap?
The majority of my scrapping time falls late at night, after my kiddos go to bed… the dishes are washed… the laundry is done… my exercise routine can be checked off (You get the idea… when I’m good and tired.), and into the wee hours of the morning.
What is your favorite PLS Product?
I’m a huge fan of the ease of use, regardless of what you love to create, of Pretty Little Studio’s detailed, vintage die cuts.
Where do you get your inspiration?
Inspiration is everywhere! I’m inspired by a well-dressed room, a book/magazine cover, and even the contents of my closet. I’m also completely inspired by the hand of my Creator, whether it be in the hues of a Kansas sunset, the smell of a wheat field ripe for harvest, the warm touch of my children’s kisses, or the sweet sounds of a whistling breeze racing through the Colorado mountains. Online challenge blogs and websites, too, tend to keep my style from getting too stuffy and stretch me out of my comfort zones.
What is your favorite color to scrapbook?
There’s no doubt that aqua is my favorite color to scrapbook. I treat it as though it were a neutral, but I’m a huge fan of color in general and love to play with combinations of every hue under the rainbow.