Mama by day, scrapper the rest of the time…I’m Jill, a SAHM to my sassy daughter, and I am thrilled to be a part of the PLS team! I get my creative fix making scrapbook pages that are definitely girly but have a messy quirk. My favorite part of creating is getting my hands dirty and ending up with ink/paint/paste all over my layout! I’ve been doing design team work since 2014 and absolutely love being a part of a creative community. I don’t have words to express how excited I am to share my work at Pretty Little Studio!
5 Fun Facts:
- 1) I’m from a big family, my nieces and nephews are close to my age and more like brothers and sisters.
- 2) I love coffee. Or maybe I should say, I love sugar and creamer with a splash of coffee.
- 3) I am obsessed with vintage typewriters. I have an Hermes that types cursive and now I’m on the hunt for a pink typewriter. I grow succulents in another vintage typewriter. And have a baby blue typewriter in my living room.
- 4) I love trashy reality TV. To balance that out I read. A lot.
- 5) I’m totally stuck in the 90’s grunge scene, I was thrilled when flannel made a comeback!
When did you start Scrapbooking?
I dabbled in scrapping in college in the 90’s but didn’t really get into it until 2008.
What is your style?
My style leans more towards mixed media, but still feminine and girly.
When do you find time to scrap?
I scrap whenever I can! If it’s 5 minutes, I’ll take it. I seem to work best in small increments, or maybe it’s because that’s all I get at once, haha!
What is your favorite PLS product?
I adore the patterned vellum papers from PLS! And the flair! And the die cuts!
Where do you get your inspiration?
I’m inspired by my peers, I see lots of great stuff on Pinterest that gives me a starting point. I also get inspired by the product, many times I’ll start a layout because I like the papers so much, then find a photo that fits what I’m doing.
What is your favorite color to scrap?
My favorite color to use on pages is pink, good thing I have a daughter! 😉 But I truly love using all colors except red, it really troubles me unless it’s tiny accents.