Hello! I am lucky to have three rambunctious boys call me mom, and a baby girl who calls me mmm-ma. My husband and I have been married for 12 years now, and he fully supports all my crazy creative endeavors. We live in Northern California in a sweet spot right between the mountains and the coast. I am mainly a scrapbooker, but I also love mini albums, smash booking, cards, home decor and altered art. I love vintage florals, the color yellow, and trying new techniques and products. You’ll usually find white space, mist, and handwriting on my pages. I am thrilled to be on the Pretty Little Studio team and am grateful to Melissa for the opportunity!
WHEN DID YOU START SCRAPBOOKING?
When did I start scrapbooking: I started scrapbooking in high school (about 1998). A long-time hand letterer, I found a copy of Becky Higgins’ book, Creative Lettering, and fell head over heels in love with scrapbooking. The hobby progressed to a lifestyle when I started my family.
WHERE DO YOU FIND YOUR INSPIRATION?
Where do I find my inspiration: When I want to get in the mood to scrap, I browse Pinterest. When I need design ideas, I look through magazines and at ads. When I’m looking for a good title, I peruse song lyrics. When I need a good color palette, I shop fabric stores (in person and online), as well as look through wedding photography. The spark that really gets me going, though, is photos of my family.
FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT YOU
- I sneeze twice when I walk into bright sunshine.
- I love to read, especially American literature (like Mark Twain and John Steinbeck) and science fiction.
- I am the poster child for introverts everywhere.
- I majored in geology in college and wanted to work for the USGS. Things didn’t work out that way.
- I am a professional dancer, teacher and choreographer.