Good morning everyone! We are so happy to introduce our June guest, Donna Espiritu, to the blog today! Her work is unique and amazing and we have no doubts that after you see all her projects over these next 4 days, you’ll be totally inspired.
To get to know Donna a little bit better, we asked her to answer a series of questions for us:
Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m Donna Espiritu, from the Philippines currently living in Saudi Arabia with my husband and daughter. I’m a Computer Engr by profession but opted to be a SAHM. When I’m not crafting, you will find me reading or just listening to music with headphones (that is while my daughter is asleep. This is usually my ME time).
When did you start scrapbooking?
Around 2004 (or 2003?? lol)
What is your style?
I don’t really know but let’s just call it eclectic since I like trying out and incorporating different styles into my creations. But I surely like girly stuff, flowers/florals. I like layers and clusters and a bit of mixed media from time to time.
When do you find time to scrap?
Mostly during weekends or at night. But when I have tons of projects lined up, I create even on weekdays as long as hubby is here to be with our daughter. She likes to “play” with mommy’s things so the dad distracts her to let mommy “play”.
What is your favorite PLS collection?
Where to you get your inspiration?
Everywhere. I like to browse Pinterest, IG and other sites for inspiration. Window displays in malls, magazines, books, my daughter’s clothes and toys 🙂
What is your favorite color to scrapbook?
Pink. Yeah I know, so girly!
List 5 fun facts about you
I’m not sure about the fun part but here are some facts about me:
1. I’m also into digital scrapbooking.
2. I like Pop but from time to time I also like listening to alternative rock and classical music.
3. I like to sing but singing doesn’t like me!! Haha! Filipinos are known to be karaoke/videoke aficionados and I’m one of those who owns this videoke microphone system that can turn your voice really nice even though it’s really not 😛
4. I’m really clumsy and sometimes I don’t pay attention to where I am going. One time I was “window shopping” and literally walked myself into a huge concrete post. Ouch 100x!
5. I always get the first impression from people that I am a snob. But I’m just really shy! 😀
We also asked Donna to make an “about me” layout for her intro day…here’s what she had to say about it: “I love the colors in this collection! I wanted to pull the pink and blue colors and that’s where I started with my layout. I used watercolors to color the background. I used my heat tool to help it dry faster.I cut some strips of papers and placed them as seen in the image. I love stacking several photos and papers to add a bit of height to the focal point. Then I just followed the flow of the watercolor background and went ahead with the embellishing part.”
And here is the final product:
Make sure you keep coming back for more inspiration from Donna. And in the meantime, be sure to follow her on social media: