Hi Pretty Little Studio fans! It’s Monique on the blog today, sharing a little “Thursday Tip” with you! Once in a while, when I look at a layout (or card) and decide something is missing I’ve got this fun technique that I fall back on and which never fails to add that little extra to my embellishments and thus to my projects: adding a layer of gold embossing powder to one or two of the items on my page. Let me show you what I’m trying to tell you. I used the beautiful Woodland collection for my layout and applied the heat embossing technique to two of the die-cut feathers:
Here’s my completed layout:
And here’s a little step-by-step I put together for you:
1. Gather your supplies and decide roughly on the design of your page:
2. Decide which embellishments will get the heat embossing “treatment”. I had a hard time deciding whether to treat the feathers or the frames to a layer of gold. Grab your Versamark ink pad and gold embossing powder:
3. Cover half of the embellishments with a piece of paper and press the Versamark ink pad to the other part of your embellishments:
4. Cover the inked part richly with the embossing powder and shake off the excess powder:
5. Use a heat tool to heat the embossing powder:
6. The embossing powder will start to melt within seconds:
And your die-cut has a new look! I just love this look! Here’s a close up of the finished page with the heat embossed feathers right in the middle!
Here are two more close-ups of my layout:
With the addition of some machine stitching and hand written journaling I consider my layout finished! Hope you like it.
PLS products used:
- Woodland collection: Patterned Paper: Woodland 8×8 paper pack, Clover Gold Metallic 8×8; Die-Cuts: Monarch, Bloom, Feathers Bluebird, Frames Pinecone, Vintage Die-Cut Crab Apple; Flair: Chipmunk; Cut-Apart: Garland Robin, Mini Word Woodland; Stickers: Thin Clear ABC Navy, Vellum Tape Petals, Wanderlust Words, Nature Word Flags; Journaling: Butterflies 3×4, .
Thank you so much for stopping by the PLS blog today!