Tell us a little about yourself. I am a part-time working mom. I live in Maryland with my husband of 12 years, our 3 beautiful daughters, 2 dogs, and 4 fish. . I love to spend as much time as possible making, baking, painting, learning, smiling, and laughing. I eat way too much chocolate and I never get enough sleep. I collect owls and typewriters. I love thunderstorms and Tootsie Pops. I am a little bit vintage and a little bit modern, a little bit country and a little bit rock-n-roll. I have been doing make and takes at my local scrapbook store for a couple of years now, and I have taught a class or two there, as well.
When did you start scrapbooking? I have always had a “thing” for office supplies. There’s just something about a brand new pencil and a fresh pad of paper. The possibilities are endless! After my middle child was born, back in 2003, my mother gifted me a 5,642 piece scrapbooking kit from QVC. It was a lovely shade of lavender. J I played around with it from time to time, but I didn’t really get into it until I discovered the whole online scrapbooking community. There was so much to learn and see…and all the pretty paper and stickers!! It was like somebody opened the flood gates!
What is your style? I can’t say that I have one particular style. It tends to change with the weather. My attention span is too short to keep to just one thing. I love to dabble in all styles… vintage, clean and simple, linear… I like to keep it fresh.
When do you find time to scrap? My days are crazy, especially during the school year, so I spend my nights (late nights) and weekends working on my projects.
What is your favorite PLS product? I can’t choose just one! I love the calendar tags, the bookmark journaling tags, and the garland flags.
Where to you get your inspiration? I spend a lot of time on the internet(probably too much) looking at online galleries, reading blogs, and browsing Pinterest. I also get a lot of inspiration from magazines, including the ads. I usually tear them out and keep them in a notebook for future reference.
What is your favorite color to scrapbook? If I had to choose one it would be teal. And gray. And yellow. Oh, was that more than one?
List 5 fun facts about you.
- I have 4 typewriters, one of them types in cursive!
- I slipped and fell and broke my ankle on a field trip in Middle School. How embarrassing!
- My favorite shoes are my Converse All Stars. I love them so much, I have them in 3 different colors so I can wear them every day(well, almost).
- I LOVE cereal. Cerealously. (Bad joke. Sorry!) My favorites are Lucky Charms, Sugar Smacks, and Fruity Pebbles.
- I am a neat freak. Everything has its place. I even clear off my desk between projects. Even if I am working with the same products. I have to start with a clean slate. And I NEVER go to bed, leaving a messy desk behind!