We are pleased to have a Guest Designer this week . . . Let’s introduce Carolina Garrido
We have some more awesome projects by Carolina that will be featured this week!
- Tell us a little about yourself. Hi, my name is Carolina Garrido and you may have seen my work online as Scrapping Nomad. I am originally from Argentina, married to a Peruvian guy, our daughter was born in Libya and we are currently living in Trinidad and Tobago… but we never know for how long. That explains the Nomad part: hubby’s job keeps him moving around the world, and we move with him. As for the Scrapping part… well, I guess if you are reading this blog you share that passion with me!
- When did you start scrapbooking? I started scrapbooking when I was pregnant, as I felt I needed to keep a record of those very exciting moments. My first scrapbooking layout is a picture of my husband and I holding the positive pregnancy test. It was very had for me to get scrapbooking supplies then, so I had to become very creative with whatever I could find in local stationery or haberdashery shops.
- What is your style? I always take those “What is your scrapbooking style” tests because I find it hard to define my style myself. I know what it is not, for sure. It is not grunge or shabby chic or classic. I mostly fit in a category between whimsical and artsy, sometimes clean…. it probably depends on that day’s mood!
- When do you find time to scrap? I am very lucky to have tons of time to scrap at the moment. I scrap almost every morning while my daughter is at school.
- What is your favorite PLS product? Anything that is colourful and playful. Ok, I think I’ll have to narrow that down a little. Hard, so hard! Hmmmm…. Probably the vintage cut-outs. Or the lemon slices – seriously, who could not love those? Or maybe the circles tags… yummy!!! Well, you get the picture, I really, really can’t pick just one!
- Where do you get your inspiration? I have fabulous ideas just before falling asleep. About 90% of these turn out to be catastrophic the following morning, but the other 10% are really good. My other source of inspiration is products. I will look at my stash and pick a product I like, and then look for a suitable picture and build my layout from that. I love good sketches, too.
- What is your favourite colour to scrapbook? I can’t say I have a favourite colour, but I love the look of kraft against most colours. I usually go for bright papers and embellies, but sometimes some papers or embellies in muted colours catch my eye and I go for them. Like I said above, it all depends on the mood of the day.
- List 5 fun facts about you.
- 1) I have a fantastic memory for the weirdest facts (like how many eggs a leatherback turtle can lay in a season) but I can’t remember faces. I could talk to you for an hour today and not recognize you when I pass you by in the street tomorrow!
- 2) We have over 30 iguanas that live in our garden (they came with the house), and every time we sit outside they will come and stare at us until we give them some treats.
- 3) I have never ever been to a brick and mortar scrapbooking shop. I’m pretty sure I will faint when I finally get to visit one.
- 4) Every year I make a specially shaped piñata for my daughter’s birthday, but I make them so strong they never break. This year I have promised to make it weaker, and I am now afraid the bottom will come loose before the end of the party.
- 5) I am a big fan of audiobooks and I can’t scrap without listening to one. My guilty pleasure I cozy mysteries, especially series with lots of books. I feel like I get to know the characters and they keep me company!
- GIVEAWAY!!! Check out Carolina’s blog to enter into a giveaway. Carolina will be giving away 5 of her favorite PLS products