We are pleased to have a Guest Designer this week . . . Let’s introduce Cherry Nelson. We have some more awesome projects by Cherry that will be featured this week!
Hello my name is Cherry and I live in a very rural area in Oregon out in the country along with my dh and son, two cats, and dog…all of which are male. Yes you heard me right..they are all male. I stay in touch with my feminine side by creating..love vintage and anything shabby! It’s all good! I love to make cards and altered art the most. This passion to create keeps me sane and makes my heart happy. I have loved meeting like minded folks and sharing this hobby and passion with others along the way
- How long have you been creating projects? I have loved being creative all my life…..I loved paper dolls as a little girl and cutting them out and creating vignettes with them…..it is very much a part of who I am. I try to create something everyday if possible.
- What is your style? I am an old soul and love anything vintage…old, torn, something with history. I love shabby and although I appreciate CAS style, it is just not me. I have to say though…even though I love pink and softer colors..my favorite color is red.
- When do you find time to create? I am a night owl. Love it when the house is quiet and everyone is asleep..and it is just me and the cats. Especially during the Summer time with the window open and I can hear the crickets.
- What is your favorite PLS product? This is a hard question…there are so many unique PLS goodies…hmmmm probley the sweet springtime vintage girls.
- Where do you find your inspiration? Pinterest lately has grabbed my attention….as I think it has everyones. Many times it might just be something on my desk…serendipity often plays a part. Things that just happen to fall together in a container and I think “hey…I like that combo”. What are your favorite colors to use on projects? I love sooo many color combinations..depends on the mood. I love pink…aquas…but my favorite color is red.
- Tell us some fun facts about you
- I am an only child…and I love to be home alone.
- I have a very very small family but they mean the world to me.
- I am very nostalgic and soft hearted.
- I LOVE old movies….
- Cary Grant is my ultimate hunk.
Seeee I said I was an old soul. rofl! Thanks so much for having me here at Pretty Little Studio!
- GIVEAWAY!! Check out Cherry’s blog to enter into a giveaway. Cherry will be giving away 5 of her favorite PLS products
I love the wide variety in the antique store papers….the strawberry paper paired so well with the clover farm store card from the restaurant receipts cards.. and so a strawberry theme was born. I also used a red antique journal card for added detail and used part of it to stamp my sentiment onto. Bright and cheery and perfect to thank a special someone.
I knew as soon as I saw them I had to break into the collection paper from the antique store papers ..the french blues are gorgeous, they remind me of vintage wallpapers …I made a very shabby card using them with the train tickets and another antique ledger journaling card. The journaling cards while great for scrapbooking also are great for adding an extra layer on cards.
Not only can you use the Pretty Little studio diecuts…but the packaging as well. I fell in love with the pink gingham and green gingham that backed the little girl vintage cutouts…I cut the images out and use the scraps on this card….LOVE gingham. It is my favorite pattern…that and polka dots. This card is simple but sweet using the ginghams and some of the antique store papers. I was inspired to use the vintage tags of the little girls like a banner. I added ribbons and snippets of doilies and I was done!